sql to grant privilege on sequence

От liuyuanyuan
Тема sql to grant privilege on sequence
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Hi, Hackers!

I got a question about sequence SQL of pgadmin3 , such as pgAdmin3 of PostgreSQL9.3.

I found when I GRANT privilege on sequence by pgAdmin3 tool, it’s always show me sql like:

GRANT SELECT, UPDATE ON TABLE sequence_name TO ….

Rather than:

GRANT SELECT, UPDATE ON SEQUENCE sequence_name TO ….

For example:

When I use pgAdmin3 TO create a sequence, I input SEQUENCE NAME – seq1 ,and add privilege SELECT to public,

Then the SQL shows: GRANT .. ON TABLE …

I checked the documentation of PostgreSQL 9.3 (see http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/interactive/sql-grant.html),

Then I know the privileges grant on sequence are only a part of that on table.

Then I want to know, why to use GRANT ON TABLE ? why not to use GRANT ON SEQUENCE ?

Regards,

Yours

Jasmine

July 14, 2014