RE: Failover / repmgr questions

От Michel SALAIS
Тема RE: Failover / repmgr questions
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,

You can use repmgr or patroni
Repmgr can do what you want but it is not just by executing repmgr command. You have to run a daemon "repmgrd" on all
nodes.Then you should activate automatic failover...
Note that a witness is not necessary to do that but it could be useful depending on what you are searching...

Michel SALAIS

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Sbob <sbob@quadratum-braccas.com>
Envoyé : mardi 24 janvier 2023 20:26
À : Pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin@lists.postgresql.org>
Objet : Failover / repmgr questions

All;

we are constructing a PostgreSQL based architecture that is more complex than "promote node B and manage the IP"  for a
failover.

It would be ideal if I could deploy repmgr and have repmgr run a script for me if it detects a failure, but it looks
likethis may not be an option. Anyone know if I can force repmgr to do this? Is there a better tool that does?

Thanks in advance