RE: users & groups

От Nicolas Huillard
Тема RE: users & groups
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I think all that works in 7.0, not 6.5 ? (after RTFM a few months ago)

Nicolas Huillard

-----Message d'origine-----
De:    Peter Eisentraut [SMTP:peter_e@gmx.net]
Date:    dimanche 18 juin 2000 16:17
A:    R D
Cc:    pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Objet:    Re: users & groups

R D writes:

>   1. If I'm using different password files for each
> database can I grant or revoke privileges to this
> users without creating the same users in pg_user
> table?

No, you always have to use CREATE USER. Btw., I think we're pondering
removing the secondary password file feature sometime; would you care to
explain why you think you need it?

>   2. How can I add a user in more than one GROUP?

ALTER GROUP foo ADD USER bar;
ALTER GROUP foo2 ADD USER bar;

> How can I add an existing user to a new group?

CREATE GROUP foo WITH USER bar1, bar2;

> How can I remove a user from some group?

ALTER GROUP foo DROP USER bar;

RTFM :)

--
Peter Eisentraut                  Sernanders vag 10:115