TR: WAL status

От Nicolas Huillard
Тема TR: WAL status
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Nobody seems to read on the pgsql-hackers-wal@postgresql.org list...
Does anyone know anything about my question here ?

Nicolas Huillard

-----Message d'origine-----
De:    Nicolas Huillard [SMTP:nhuillard@ghs.fr]
Date:    mardi 30 mai 2000 15:04
À:    'pgsql-hackers-wal@postgresql.org'
Objet:    WAL status

Hello,

Searching for WAL (write-ahead logging) in the online 7.0 docs, I only found one page from the Bruce Momjan's book,
statingthat "This option [-F] may be removed in future POSTGRESQL releases when write-ahead logging (WAL) is
implemented."
What is the status of this development, and what exactly can one expect from WAL ?
Will this allow remote database replication, or redo logs, or anything in the High Availability direction ?

TIA

Nicolas Huillard