RE: [GENERAL] Another access control query

От Nicolas Huillard
Тема RE: [GENERAL] Another access control query
Дата
Список pgsql-general
You can add a filename to the "password" keyword. Thsi filename contains the username/crypted password of the users you
wantto be able to connect from the servip to the dbX.
The lines in pg_hba looks like :
host    bd1    serverip1 netmask    password    password.username1
host    bd2    serverip2 netmask    password    password.username2

You can create the "password.*" files using the pg_passwd command.
This way, passwords are stored in files rather than in the pg_shadow table, and you cannot use the "crypt" authmode.
It seems that ODBC access from remote workstations can't use the crypt authmode, so it is not a real problem. Can
someonetell me if it's true ?
Second problem : you must set the suer password in both the pg_shadow table (using psql), and the passwd.* files (using
pg_passwd).

Yours,

Nicolas Huillard