DestroyDB Patch *** Update

От Francois Machabee
Тема DestroyDB Patch *** Update
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello,

Let me start by congratulating everyone involved in the Postgresql project for a job well done.  I have thoroughly
researchedthe bug in 6.3.2 with the ODBC ORDER BY as well as the patch supplied by insight for the backend.  With the
helpof the debug information provided by another poster I have devised a simple (maybe stupid) fix which seems to have
fixedall the problems related to destroydb and delete from crashing the backend.  The change to the patch file is
simple:

Instead of using :

+         tupType = j->jf_cleanTupType;      /*  Added by daveh@insightdist.com  5/20/98 */

I changed the line of the patch file to say ...

+         if (operation != CMD_DELETE) {tupType = j->jf_cleanTupType;}       /*  Added by daveh@insightdist.com
5/20/98modified by Francois Machabee 10/21/1998  */

and voila the backend stopped crashing and the operations are completed correctly (I checked via psql \l and also doing
avacuum to check the integrity of the db).

I hope this helps people in the community.

François Machabée
Nexus Informatique & Marketing, Inc. / Nexus Information Systems & Marketing, Inc.
WWW: Http://www.nexus-is.qc.ca
Email: mailto:francois@nexus-is.qc.ca