AW: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL v6.4 BETA2...

От Andreas Zeugswetter
Тема AW: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL v6.4 BETA2...
Дата
Re: AW: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL v6.4 BETA2...
Список pgsql-hackers
The problem is probably that the functions incorrectly return text *
but use it like char *. text * is a varlena

e.g. text *inet_netmask in inet.c
    eighter must be char *inet_netmask or correctly use macros VARDATA and VARSIZE

Andreas

----------
Von:     D'Arcy J.M. Cain[SMTP:darcy@druid.net]
Gesendet:     Donnerstag, 15. Oktober 1998 13:54
An:     Marc G. Fournier
Cc:     pgsql-hackers@postgreSQL.org
Betreff:     Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL v6.4 BETA2...

Thus spake Marc G. Fournier
> With this BETA, the source code is frozen...there is *absolutely* no
> changes to be made except that which is required to fix a bug that
> pertains to the building and/or running on a particular platform, or to
> fix a crucial bug.

What about the inet stuff.  I'm just waiting for Paul's inet_cidr*
functions to test and submit the final stuff.  As it stand it will
crash the backend if you use it.  I guess that makes it a bug fix,
right?

I'll submit the builtins.h changes in the meantime.  Perhaps I can
cobble up my own version of the inet_cidr* functions at least to
be able to test my functions.