Re: Vacuum analyze in 7.1.1

От David Wall
Тема Re: Vacuum analyze in 7.1.1
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> I'll have to see if JDBC does an unlink anywhere.

Whoa!  Looks like JDBC (as makes sense if you think about the libraries)
doesn't unlink those large objects.  There is a call in the
postgresql-specific for doing the lo_unlink, but it requires an OID, and
when deleting a row, most of the time I only know the primary key, not the
OIDs inside.  So, I guess I'll have to run vacuumlo from contrib before I do
the regular vacuum.

Does anybody know if vacuumlo is truly safe to use?  I just ran it on my
test system and it removed a bunch of orphans, but I just hope they were
really orphans!

David