Re: PostgreSQL with Phorum

От Brian Moon
Тема Re: PostgreSQL with Phorum
Дата
Список pgsql-general
| No, I was referring to the 'boogieman' backdoor you left in Phorum,
| which Jfs then found a few years ago.  The one which you then tried to
| suppress all of your users from finding out about, until someone pasted
| info about it all over the Phorum forums thereby forcing you to come
| clean and remove the backdoor from your code.

Whoa, there is a blast from the past.  I really figured people would change
that if they used the script.  I had a big comment next to it that said
"backdoor user name if all else fails".  I was naive, what can I say.  I
promise I was not trying to leave backdoors open for me to get into people's
sites.  If it was compiled code I could see you being suspicious.  You had
to read pas that to read how to use the script.  I guess boogieman was a bad
choice for the default too as it sounds evil.  What does not kill us makes
us stronger.

| http://www.cgisecurity.com/archive/php/phorum.txt

Yeah, I was a little ticked off at this guy for not notifying us before
publicly posting these.  That seems to be a problem for some people.  I
guess they are afraid that if they don't go public first they won't get the
credit.  We did fix all those issues within a day of finding out about them.
If we had known before the world, we could have saved some people some
possible problems.

Thanks,

Brian.
Phorum Dev Team