Re: Help me understanding the schema

От Andy Shellam (Mailing Lists)
Тема Re: Help me understanding the schema
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi Scott,

>> 7. we can set the privilege of user x for schema y
>>   ie. database aaa contains schema a1, a2 and a3. user xx can query from
>> schema a1 only, user yy can query from schema a2 only?
> No, perms on schemas control schema actions like create.  perms on
> tables control user access.

I thought that a user also had to have the USAGE right on a schema?  In an application I'm working on at the moment, it
threwthe error "permission denied on schema xxx" even if permissions on the tables within the schema were OK - I had to
assignthe USAGE right on the schema.

Regards,
Andy

Сообщение: Re: Help me understanding the schema
Сообщение: Re: Help me understanding the schema