Re: [ADMIN] Cache lookup error

От Marc Mitchell
Тема Re: [ADMIN] Cache lookup error
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
I've been experiencing this same problem and think I've finally determined
cause.

In our case, this happens after restoring a database with the script that
results from a pg_dumpall with "clean" option.  If we have any triggers
that call functions, the tirggering SQL will always result in a "Cache
Lookup Error".  Dropping and re-adding the triggers and/or called functions
did not seem to make a difference.  However, finally looked deeper into the
schema creation script created by pg_dump:

\connect - postgres
--
-- TOC Entry ID 111 (OID 129228)
--

CREATE FUNCTION "plpgsql_call_handler" () RETURNS opaque AS
'/usr/lib/pgsql//plp

--
-- TOC Entry ID 112 (OID 129229)
--

CREATE TRUSTED PROCEDURAL LANGUAGE 'plpgsql' HANDLER "plpgsql_call_handler"
LANC

What this shows is that when restoring to a clean database, the script
tries first to create a function and then declare the language used by the
function.  Things shoudl be the other way around, should they not?!?

Thus it is not my own triggers and or functions that have broken references
but rather the underlying function handling components where the call
handler function has a broken reference to the language handler.

Would this not be a defect in pg_dump?

For us, the solution was to drop all triggers, functions and then the
language itself via cmdline droplang followed by a cmdline createlang.
With this done, we could add back our functions and triggers.

Marc Mitchell
Enterprise Information Solutions, Inc.
marcm@eisolution.com