Oracle and PostgreSQL servers incompatibility

От Jouneau Luc
Тема Oracle and PostgreSQL servers incompatibility
Дата
Re: Oracle and PostgreSQL servers incompatibility
Список pgsql-admin
Hello everybody,

We plan to install on a same Solaris server an Oracle8i and a PostgreSQL
7.3.4 database.
During our impact tests, we encountered a situation where no more semaphore
was available for Oracle server (while we where bulk loading on postgreSQL
using copy statement. There was only one PG connection while there were many
on Oracle server).
I quote that our kernel configuration (semaphore and shared memory
parameters) had been previously correctly positionned as required in Oracle
and postgreSQL documentation.

I wanted to know if someone experienced this kind or other troubles in a
similar configuration (having Oracle and postgreSQL on the same Unix
server).

Thanks for your contribution,

L.Jouneau