Re: [SQL] An unresolved performance problem.

От Mendola Gaetano
Тема Re: [SQL] An unresolved performance problem.
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
----- Original Message -----
From: "Achilleus Mantzios" <achill@matrix.gatewaynet.com>
To: <pgsql-sql@postgresql.org>; <pgsql-performance@postgresql.org>;
<pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 07, 2003 6:33 PM
Subject: [SQL] An unresolved performance problem.

> Hi, few days ago, i posted some really wierd (at least to me)
> situation (maybe a potentian bug) to the performance and bugs list
> and to some core hacker(s) privately as well,
> and i got no response.

I seen around a lot of questions are remaining without any reply,
may be in this period the guys like Tom Lane are too busy.

> Moreover i asked for some feedback
> in order to understand/fix the problem myself,
> and again received no response.
>
> What i asked was pretty simple:
> "1. Is it possible that the absense of statistics make the planer produce
> better plans
> than in the case of statistcs generated with vacuum
> analyze/analyze?
> 2. If No, i found a bug,
> 3. If yes then under what conditions??
> 4. If no person knows the answer or no hacker wants to dig into the
> problem then is there a direction i must follow to understand/fix whats
> going on myself??""

Can you give us more informations? Like the table structure, wich kind
of query are you tring to do and so on...

Gaetano

Сообщение: Re: An unresolved performance problem.
Сообщение: Re: An unresolved performance problem.