Re: FreeBSD upgrade causes performance degredation

От GB Clark II
Тема Re: FreeBSD upgrade causes performance degredation
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Monday 29 October 2001 09:46, Peter Schmidt wrote:
> FreeBSD 4.1 vs FreeBSD 4.4 on X86
> Postrgesql 7.03
>
> We are experiencing a siginficant drop in performance in some PostgreSQL
> database operations after upgrading FreeBSD 4.1 to FreeBSD 4.4. Database
> connections appear to be twice as slow while calling some of our own
> functions can take 10x longer.  Does anyone have any ideas why this is
> occurring?

--SNIP--

What type of drives are running? ATA or SCSI?  There have been changes to
both systems since 4.1.

Also, try enabling noatime in fstab for the mount and do a tunefs -n enable
/dev/disk_device to enable softupdates.

GB

--
GB Clark II             | Roaming FreeBSD Admin
gclarkii@VSServices.COM | General Geek