Re: Re: upgrading RPM query

От Lamar Owen
Тема Re: Re: upgrading RPM query
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Monday 13 August 2001 22:28, Alan Gutierrez wrote:
> Gary Stainburn wrote:
>  > At the risk of starting to stray OT for this list, how do you go about
>  > installing SRPMS - I've never done anything like that before.

> An easier way to do this would be to download the postgresql tarball.

Nope. If you have enough to recompile the tarball, you just (as root):
rpm --rebuild postgresql-x.y.z-rPGDG.src.rpm

Make a dump of the old database at this point, if upgrading...

cd /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386 (or whichever architecture you have)
rpm -Uvh whichever-rpms-you-want.i386.rpm

It's easier -- much easier -- to rebuild from source via RPM than to build
and hand install from tarball, if you don't need too custom of a setup.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio