RE:Table corrupted and data lost (second time in one month!!)

От Mark Kirkwood
Тема RE:Table corrupted and data lost (second time in one month!!)
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Previously...
>FATAL 1: Memory exhausted in AllocSetAlloc()
>pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel unexpectedly.
>This probably means the backend terminated abnormally
>before or while processing the request.
>
>A table has been corrupted and i don't know why...
>It's really hard to recover the table, and last time i lost some data ;-(

I have never used 7.0.2 for any length of time....but I would recommend
upgrading to 7.1 - many bugs have been fixed in this release - and hopefully
not too many more introduced :)

also adding more RAM would be a good idea, as 64Mb is not much these days ( I
use apache 1.3.19 + mod perl 1.25 and regularly see 150Mb RSS when I run gtop
)

This may be a Red Herring, but check to see you are not exhausing your swap
space, as all sorts of odd errors can be encouraged by this...

Cheers

Mark

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: "Josh Berkus"
Сообщение: Re: Table corrupted and data lost (second time in one month!!)
От: Antti Linno
Сообщение: Re: RE:Table corrupted and data lost (second time in one month!!)