Re: Beta 6 Regression results on Redat 7.0.

От Lamar Owen
Тема Re: Beta 6 Regression results on Redat 7.0.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 20 Mar 2001, Tom Lane wrote:
> This will not be RC1 :-(
> 'Ive already gotten a
> couple occurrences of Lamar's failure.

Well, I was at least hoping it was a problem here -- particularly since I
haven't been able to reproduce it.  But, since it is not a local problem, I'm
glad I caught it -- on the first regression test run, no less.  I've run a
dozen tests since without duplication.

Although, like you, Tom, I'm curious as to why it hadn't showed up before -- is
the fact that this is a slow machine a factor, possibly?

Although I am now much more leery of our regression suite -- this issue isn't
even tested, in reality.  Do we have _any_ WAL-related tests?  The parallel
testing is a good thing -- but I wonder what boundary conditions aren't getting
tested.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio