Re: BLOB HOWTO??

От Martin A. Marques
Тема Re: BLOB HOWTO??
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
El Dom 28 Ene 2001 16:59, Olivier PRENANT escribió:

> Beeing very impressed by TOAST, I wonder how I can insert BLOB from a flat
> file.
>
> It seems quite easy with php; But how can I do it from psql??

I think you mean that it seems easy, because I haven't been able to
understand it (always talking about the php way).

I can't understand how the pg module of php knows where the large object
should be inserted. I mean, what if I have 2 large objects in the same
database (or even in the same table), where is the data inserted? There is no
place where someone tells php that the data in this variable should go in
this column that is of type blob.

TIA

--
System Administration: It's a dirty job,
but someone told I had to do it.