broken view?

От Jodi Kanter
Тема broken view?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I had a view set up and then went and had to change one of the tables that was referenced in the view. I needed to drop one of the field in this particular table so I created a temp table (without the field I wanted to eliminate) and then moved the data in. I dropped the original table and thought I was ok.
Today I am getting the following error from any query that tries to access the view.

ERROR:  Relation "al_spots" with OID 1132243 no longer exists

I assume that this is because the OIDs were changed when I recreated the table?

So I decided to recreate the view using the new table but when I try to do that I get the following error:

ERROR:  Attempt to insert rule "_RETam_spots_usf_view" failed: already exists

I cannot seem to determine what this last error is telling me. Any thoughts?

Thanks
Jodi Kanter

Jodi L Kanter
BioInformatics Database Administrator