Fw: [OT]:Database design question

От Vinay
Тема Fw: [OT]:Database design question
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Can somebody help me find resources which describe the database design process.

Thank you
Help appreciated,
Vinay

----- Original Message -----
From: Vinay
Sent: Tuesday, May 13, 2003 8:15 AM
Subject: [ADMIN] [OT]:Database design question

Hi all,
     I am in the process of converting an existing index sequential file structure for a medical billing software  into postGRESQL RDBMS. Basically I know the attributes or fields of all the files and have to convert these files to tables . Before that I want to design the database from scratch , starting with E/R diagrams, FD's and etc. Is there good documentation that details the generals steps with algorithms  in the database design anywhere on the internet.

Thank you
Help appreciated.

Vinay