PostgreSQL and Solaris 7?

От Daryl W. Dunbar
Тема PostgreSQL and Solaris 7?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello,

I am running 6.4.2 on Sparc/Solaris 2.7.  Occasionally (far more
often than I would like - which is never :), the postmaster refuses
connections.  Upon investigation, there are 48 postmaster processes
running.  If one kills the parent and restarts, all is well for some
time.  Attached is a chunk of output from postmaster, unfortunately
it does not timestamp, so it is hard to see when what happened.  I'm
most disturbed about the device space message.  None of my disks are
even close to full, nor have been...

Help! Advice? Ways to gather further info?  Is this a Solaris 7
thing?

Also, is the 48 number configurable?  It almost looks as though that
is the maximum number of outstanding queries I can have at one time?

TIA,

DwD
--
Daryl W. Dunbar