Is there an equivalent for Oracle's user_tables.num_rows

От Virag Saksena
Тема Is there an equivalent for Oracle's user_tables.num_rows
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
All,
    I am looking to automate analyze table in my application.

I have some insert only tables in my application which I need to analyze as data grows.
Since the inserts are application controlled, I can choose to run analyze when I determine the
data has grown more than x% since last analyze.

However since users can truncate the tables too, I need to be able to tell the numbers of rows
in the table as perceived by the optimizer.

I could not decipher a good way of telling the number of table rows from pg_stats/pg_statistics.

Does someone know of a way of telling what the optimizer believes the number of rows are ?

The tables in question have multi-column primary keys.

Regards,

Virag