table dump

От Jodi Kanter
Тема table dump
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I just completed a data only dump of a table by using the following command:

pg_dump genex -Rau -t species > species.sql

I noticed that the first line of the file seems to be disabling some postgres trigger. It reads:

UPDATE "pg_class" SET "reltriggers" = 0 WHERE "relname" = 'species';

Then all the data is listed.

At the end of the file the triggers are enabled again with the following command:

UPDATE pg_class SET reltriggers = (SELECT count(*) FROM pg_trigger where pg_class.oid = tgrelid) WHERE relname = 'species';

Can someone explain why this is happening? The problem is that I am coping this dump into another schema creation file that I have. I want the data from this particular file included in with my new database. However, I am creating this database with a user account so that all tables will be owned by that user. I think the problem here is that this trigger stuff requires that you be signed in as postgres in order to do anything with the pg_class table. correct?

Any assistane would be greatly appreciated.
thanks,
Jodi

Jodi L Kanter
BioInformatics Database Administrator