Re: Primary key on existing table?

От Ries van Twisk
Тема Re: Primary key on existing table?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

On Aug 25, 2009, at 3:25 PM, Carol Walter wrote:

This may be a silly question but I don't see any place where the documentation explicitly addresses whether or not you can designate a particular column as a primary key after the table is created.  I used the "create table as " syntax to create a table with the same columns as an original table, but I want to rename id column, make it a serial, and designate it as a primary key.  Is it possible to do this?  I've tried a number of things to do this and none of them have worked.

for example: ALTER TABLE distributors ADD PRIMARY KEY (dist_id);

Also checkout pgAdmin III....

Ries

Carol