Re: Blob Data type in postgres ?

От Jouneau Luc
Тема Re: Blob Data type in postgres ?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
As far as I am concerned, I think that lobs are managed in postgres with oid.

Create your table like this :
CREATE TABLE table_of_lobs (
title varchar(100),
content_reference oid);

content_reference is a handler on lobs data contained in specials postgres system tables called Toast.
Create a rule to automatically destroy LOB data when you delete a tuple in table_of_lobs :
CREATE RULE del_table_of_lobs AS ON DELETE TO table_of_lobs
DO SELECT lo_unlink(old.content) AS lo_unlink;

Once you've created your table, use lo_import/lo_export functions to import/export your LOB data in a pgsql session (you must be super useer)
or use LOBS management functions available in libpq in order to interface lobs data  management in your favorite program language.

Regards,

Luc Jouneau

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, September 05, 2003 12:41 PM
Subject: [ADMIN] Blob Data type in postgres ?

Hi ,

I would like to create a table with blob as a datatype.I found that postgres doesn't have a datatype called BLOB.
Is there any equivalent data type for this or a short cut ?

I appreciate if some one can help me in this regard.

Thank you all,

Regards,
Somasekhar Bangalore
Principal Software Engineer
ZenSutra Software Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
Suite 601, HM Geneva House
#14, Cunningham Road
Bangalore 560-052, India

Ph:+91-80-235-0481
Fax:+91-80-235-0486
Email: sbangalore@zensutra.com

Weaving the knowledge tapestry'

Сообщение: Re: YOUR SITES SEARCH FEATURE DOES NOT WORK!
Сообщение: Re: YOUR SITES SEARCH FEATURE DOES NOT WORK!