RE: Install postgresql-plpython for postgres 11

От Srikar Vankadaru
Тема RE: Install postgresql-plpython for postgres 11
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi Jwo,

I am sorry, we have built Postgresql from the Centos 7 repository. Not from the source.
Is there any option to add this Language now ? If I need to rebuild with this option, what is the procedure to do that
?

Thanks,
Srikar

-----Original Message-----
From: Jakub Olczyk [mailto:jwo@disroot.org]
Sent: Tuesday, June 11, 2019 20:18
To: pgsql-admin@lists.postgresql.org
Subject: Re: Install postgresql-plpython for postgres 11

Hi Srikar!

On 11/06/2019 14:14, Srikar Vankadaru wrote:
> I wanted to install PL/Python (package name: postgresql-plpython) on
> Postgres 11.2 version running on AWS with Centos 7.
>
> Is there any way  to add this language for my running postgres server ?
> As we have used the source package to install Postgresql 11 without
> giving option |--with-python|

As I understand you have compiled the binaries yourself. In that case I think the only option is to recompile from the
samesources with different configuration (this should be fairly fast unless you removed the object files). I don't know
ifthere is a smooth way to use prepackaged (in form of RPM) version of PL/Python in this case.

> I tried to find for packages in Centos 7 repo, but found this one and
> it needs the dependency to install  postgresql-server.
>
> postgresql-plpython
> x86_64
> 9.2.24-1.el7_5                                     base

This is version of the PL/Python for the base system version of PostgreSQL. This version is very old and not supported
anymoreby the developers. You need to have matching version of Postgres server and PL/Python.

Maybe others can give more insight if marrying compiled and packaged extension can work. I'd use the packaged version
ofPostgres server and PL/Python from official repository here: http://yum.postgresql.org

Cheers!
jwo