Re: pgpool + BDR, is it possible?

От Ruth Melendo
Тема Re: pgpool + BDR, is it possible?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Ok, Thanks.

I have tuned my db to work with global sequences in every table. I think that will solve most of the problems.  Cartography will be updated just from time to time. That shouldn´t cause problems.

But now, my dude is about pgpool. Do you think It can work well just as a balancer in this environment?

My main troubles from the beginning have been in recovery and I dind´t find detailed doc in that way. Most of times, I need to delete data directory in node 2 and starts init replication again.

1.- Stop both nodes and comment BDR entries in postgresql.conf

2.- Delete data directory in node 2.

3.- Start node 1 without BDR so that BDR schema drops.

4.- Restart node 1 with BDR active

5.- Start node 2 with BDR active so that init replica happens and BDR gets well configured from here in both nodes.

Is that the best way to recovery? There is something I can do to recover database without all these steps?

Ruth Patricia Melendo Ventura

Software Engineer

TELTRONIC, S.A.U.

T: +34 976 465656   Ext. 179