Re: pls help me

От sandhya
Тема Re: pls help me
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Thank you Fazil.....
Is there any specific reason that we need to go
c:\WINDOWS\system32
I have already user existing for this Postgres.....But when i open psql to template1 it is clsoing the window..?Why is this happening so?
What happened to the user already we created...
U mean to say i have to give this at command prompt.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, March 09, 2006 2:46 PM
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] pls help me

Hi,

I am not an expert in PG, still i can help u to some extend as i have successfully deployed pg8.1.1 using both installer and no installer on Win XP,2K,2003.

To solve your issue
1. cretae a user on your local system.
2. Use runas to run pg_ctl using the user created
Eg batch file:
@echo off
chdir c:\WINDOWS\system32
pause

In the above eg sanur is a utility used myself for piping the pwd into runas as it will ask externally. You can download it from http://www.commandline.co.uk/sanur_unsupported/index.html

Also go through the Following FAQ link f or ur further queries

Also u have to copy libpq.dll either in %system32% or in PG bin folder.

Regards
Mohamed Fazil

sandhya <sandhyar@amiindia.co.in> wrote:

My Postgres server is not connecting now.I am working on windows .
I am getting the following error message.

E:\PostgreSql\bin>Execution of PostgreSQL by a user with administrative permissi
ons is not
permitted.
The server must be started under an unprivileged user ID to prevent
possible system security compromises.  See the documentation for
more information on how to properly start the server.
and when i tried to start from the service..i am getting the following message box.
Pls help me..I need it very much

Thanks&Regards,
Sandhya

Yahoo! Mail