Error Code

От Yudha Setiawan
Тема Error Code
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Dear Milist;

My Application is Developed by Delphi
with Ms-SQL Server as a previous Database
and we are using ODBC/BDE (Borland Database Engine)
for Database connection. And We've been porting
the database to PostgreSQL. So far so Good.

And now our problem is How do we get
The Error Code from PostgreSQL.
Because
Our users need to know what
exactly errors is going on. We Used to
be using the BDE Error Code to Let
the Users know the specific Error.
We Have an BDE_ERR_CODE tables

fc_error  |  fc_description
9729      |  You cannot insert the duplicate code
0001      |  Bla....bla...
0002      |  Blu....blu...
0003      |  Bli....bli...

But PostgreSQL have the same BDE Error Code for
every Error. The number is 13059. And we cannot
make a different for every single errors.

Somebody please give me some explanation.

Yudha Setiawan.
VoIP
    No.        : 01119311223344