PostgreSQL SSL specifying certificate paths

От Mark Williams
Тема PostgreSQL SSL specifying certificate paths
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

I have had a problem previously connecting to PostgreSQL using Firedac. I managed to get this working, but then a recent update of Rad Studio has somehow changed the way that it passes through the cert file paths. I think this was to address an issue I raised about path delimiters being stripped away.

To overcome the problem I was specifying the paths as follows:

sslmode=verify-ca sslrootcert=C:\\ProgramData\\MWC\\Viewer\\Certs\\root.crt sslcert=C:\\ProgramData\\MWC\\Viewer\\Certs\\postgresql.crt sslkey=C:\\ProgramData\\MWC\\Viewer\\Certs\\postgresql.key.

The new version of FireDac seems to be inserting escape characters itself so that it is passing through the “ConnInfo” as:

sslmode='verify-ca sslrootcert=C:\\\\ProgramData\\\\MWC\\\\Viewer\\\\Certs\\\\root.crt sslcert=C:\\\\ProgramData\\\\MWC\\\\Viewer\\\\Certs\\\\postgresql.crt sslkey=C:\\\\ProgramData\\\\MWC\\\\Viewer\\\\Certs\\\\postgresql.key'

Which is producing a Postgre error of:

ERROR: invalid sslmode value: "verify-ca sslrootcert=C:\\ProgramData\\MWC\\Viewer\\Certs\\root.crt sslcert=C:\\ProgramData\\MWC\\Viewer\\Certs\\postgresql.crt sslkey=C:\\ProgramData\\MWC\\Viewer\\Certs\\postgresql.key

Naturally, I recoded so that I specified non-escaped windows paths and received the following error:

ERROR: invalid sslmode value: "verify-ca sslrootcert=C:\ProgramData\MWC\Viewer\Certs\root.crt sslcert=C:\ProgramData\MWC\Viewer\Certs\postgresql.crt sslkey=C:\ProgramData\MWC\Viewer\Certs\postgresql.key

I then tried forward slashes:

sslmode='verify-ca sslrootcert=C:/ProgramData/MWC/Viewer/Certs/root.crt sslcert=C:/ProgramData/MWC/Viewer/Certs/postgresql.crt sslkey=C:/ProgramData/MWC/Viewer/Certs/postgresql.key'

And got the error:

ERROR: invalid sslmode value: "verify-ca sslrootcert=C:/ProgramData/MWC/Viewer/Certs/root.crt sslcert=C:/ProgramData/MWC/Viewer/Certs/postgresql.crt sslkey=C:/ProgramData/MWC/Viewer/Certs/postgresql.key

I tried double forward slashes to no avail and then I tried Linux paths or at least what in my almost non-existent Linux experience I think is a Linus path:

sslmode='verify-ca sslrootcert=/C/ProgramData//MWC/Viewer/Certs/root.crt sslcert=/C/ProgramData/MWC/Viewer/Certs/postgresql.crt sslkey=/C/ProgramData/MWC/Viewer/Certs/postgresql.key'

And got the error:

ERROR: invalid sslmode value: "verify-ca sslrootcert=/C/ProgramData//MWC/Viewer/Certs/root.crt sslcert=/C/ProgramData/MWC/Viewer/Certs/postgresql.crt sslkey=/C/ProgramData/MWC/Viewer/Certs/postgresql.key

Is anybody able to show me in what format the conninfo parameter of PostgreSQL expects to receive a Windows path please?

Thanks

Mark

__