Re: embedded sql interface to ip address type

От Rob Fowler
Тема Re: embedded sql interface to ip address type
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
> What exactly do you mean?  A C type for IP addresses? That doesn't
> exist. Right now this type has to be stored in character strings.

Thanks for the answer Michael. That was exactly what I meant and your answer
was exactly what I needed. I thought I needed to bind the address structure
to the ipaddr column but that did not work so I changed the type to text and
converted the address to a char string. Now you tell me it's just text, I
went back and changed the database datatype to inet address and it's all
good.
--
Rob Fowler