Re: Question concerning replicated server using streaming replication used as a read-only reporting server

От Benjamin Krajmalnik
Тема Re: Question concerning replicated server using streaming replication used as a read-only reporting server
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
thx

Kevin Grittner <kgrittn@mail.com> wrote:

Benjamin Krajmalnik wrote:

> It is ok if I am a little bit behind. What setting do
> I need to tweak to allow it to get further behind?

The relevant settings are described here:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/interactive/runtime-config-wal.html#RUNTIME-CONFIG-REPLICATION
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/interactive/runtime-config-wal.html#RUNTIME-CONFIG-STANDBY

The ones that you might want to look at are:

vacuum_defer_cleanup_age
max_standby_archive_delay
max_standby_streaming_delay

Leaving some gaps for "catch up time" between long-running requests
can help prevent cancelations, since the lag can otherwise
accumulate.

-Kevin