could not accept SSL connection: peer did not return a certificate

От Donald Fraser
Тема could not accept SSL connection: peer did not return a certificate
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hello,
I am attempting to upgrade a 7.4.x server to a 8.0.x server.

I have read the release notes and read the administration documentation for changes to SSL requirements and cannot find anything that suggests SSL connections have changed.

Yet when I try to connect with old client applications using SSL I get the following error reported in the server log:
"could not accept SSL connection: peer did not return a certificate"

Is there somewhere that documents the change from 7.4.x to 8.0.x with regards to SSL connections?
Additionally is there a configuration parameter that allows clients to connect with SSL on a 8.0.x server like it was a 7.4.x server?

Regards
Donald Fraser