Win32 Postgresql Command Line Password Specification

От Andrei Bintintan
Тема Win32 Postgresql Command Line Password Specification
Дата
Re: Win32 Postgresql Command Line Password Specification
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,

I have to run some command line commands that I have to run on a windows machine. Like pgsql, dropdb, createdb etc.
All these commands are runned from a php scripts.

Now, my question is how can I specify a User and Password to postgresql database system. I found out how can I say the user, but the password is always asked in the command line. I need this also to be specified in the command.

for example: dropdb database1 -U postgres -W.... always ask a password in the command line.
I want to specify in the command line the pass.

The only solution that I found for this problem is to put the postgre user autentication to trust and to skip the password.

Andy.