Re: ConnectionPoolDataSource submittal

От Dave Cramer
Тема Re: ConnectionPoolDataSource submittal
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Ned,

I didn't forget about this code, I am waiting until version 7.2 is
released, and then I will commit it to cvs.

DAve

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-jdbc-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-jdbc-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Ned Wolpert
Sent: Monday, December 03, 2001 11:05 AM
To: Barry Lind; Bruce Momjian
Cc: psql-jdbc
Subject: [JDBC] ConnectionPoolDataSource submittal

Folks-

  I finished an implementation of the ConnectionPoolDataSource that is
functional.  I've included in this email the relavant code (tar,
gziped):

  org/postgresql/PostgresqlConnectionPoolDataSource.java
  org/postgresql/psqlProps.properties
  org/postgresql/util/DefaultProperties.java
  org/postgresql/jdbc2/PostgresqlPooledConnection.java

(What is the normal way to send in new files for the driver? Is
attachment
prefered?) They are also on my website at
         http://members.home.net/wolpert5/code/
as well.  The only additions left to make is

1) Cleaning thread to close unused connections
2) Wrap objects returned by the connection so errors are caught on that
   level too.
3) Move all exceptions to throw PSQLException rather than SQLException.
   (So they'll use the errors.properties file instead of being hard
   coded.)

I'll do these if people like the code I've submitted.  The code should
function properly, and is fully commented in the relavent areas.  The
DefaultProperties.java class I submited has also been updated; it
nolonger

throws exceptions due to read errors, and does not synchronize access to

itself.  Please comment on my submittial, and if I'm going about my
updates
correctly.  (And if you have improvements for my code. :-)

Thanks

=====
Virtually,        |                   "Must you shout too?"
Ned Wolpert       |                                  -Dante
wolpert@yahoo.com |
_________________/              "Who watches the watchmen?"
4e75                                       -Juvenal, 120 AD

-- Place your commercial here --                      fnord