Re: full data disk -- any chance of recovery

От Jeff Frost
Тема Re: full data disk -- any chance of recovery
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Greg,

Does pg_ctl stop -m immediate stop the postmaster for you?

----
Jeff Frost, Owner       <jeff@frostconsultingllc.com>
Frost Consulting, LLC   http://www.frostconsultingllc.com/
Phone: 650-780-7908     FAX: 650-649-1954

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Gregory S. Williamson
Sent: Sunday, January 01, 2006 11:58 PM
To: Jeff Frost; pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] full data disk -- any chance of recovery

Jeff --

Thanks for the suggestion -- I think this fills the bill except that the
postmaster won't quit because it has no space (at least that is how I
interpet it). These are all linux boxes with the same architecture (2 CPUs,
2 gigs of RAM, disks not adequate for a database: QED).

I had an urgent priority in November to upgrade these beasts, but the best
laid plans o' mice and men, etc. etc.

These servers are mostly read-only for spatial data so falling back to the
last known state (e.g. before the current transaction) would work perfectly.

But I'm still making a copy o' one of the two hot spares (one of which is
now in play), juts in case.

Have a good {day|afternoon|evening|night) !

Greg