Re: time stops within transaction

От John Huttley
Тема Re: time stops within transaction
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
----- Original Message -----
From: Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>
To: Alex Pilosov <alex@pilosoft.com>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org>
Sent: Wednesday, 18 October 2000 16:21
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] time stops within transaction

> Wow, that is strange.
>

> > I just ran into a strangest thing: within transaction, select now() will
> > always return time when transaction started. Same happens with select
> > 'now'::timestamp.

Actually, thats useful since you can put now()  into multiple fields in one
transaction.

The alternative is that CURRENT_TIMESTAMP  (??? is that the one) which isn't a
function
and stuffs up when trying to use it as a field default or as part of an
expression in a view.

(Comment true for 6.5.3 at least)
Documentation on time constants and how to misuse them is weak...

Regards

Сообщение: Re: time stops within transaction
Сообщение: Re: time stops within transaction