Re: [HACKERS] Re: [QUESTIONS] inheritance questions

От Maurice Gittens
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: [QUESTIONS] inheritance questions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>The inability to do insert seems reasonable, because there
>would not be any safe way of knowing which table in the inheritance
>tree was intended.  However, update and delete could be expected to
>work.  I suspect that no-one ever asked for the facility!

This and similar points have been pointed out by a number of poeple (usually
in general terms) however somehow it seems OO features are of lower priority
for now.

Regards,
    Maurice.

От: Phil Thompson
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Decicision needed for connect statement
От: The Hermit Hacker
Сообщение: I knew I missed *something*...