Re: Questions: How to configure PostgreSQL at the beginning ....

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Questions: How to configure PostgreSQL at the beginning ....
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tuesday, February 19, 2013 4:37 PM Tomas Pasterak wrote:

> I have downloaded and installed the latest PostgreSQL version V9.2 to =
my
Windows 7 OS PC.
> I want to have it running on my PC, as local host.

> Now I am facing some problems.

> 1.) I do not know, how to fill in the properties tab for the server, =
as
name, host (what shall be host, shall=A0
> I put there localhost or 127.0.0.1?), service field, Maintenance DB =
field
(can it be named as postgres?)?
> And, what shall I put as user name? And password? Is there something
predefined? Or how and where shall I change it?=A0
> In which conf file?=A0
> It does not accept what I add there ....

> I want to have it as simple as possible, I want to connect my PHP =
scripts
with the PostgreSQL DB on my PC.

> 2.) Via the psql console, I can not login myself .... I want to create
tables etc., but I need to overcome the=20
> connection and=A0
> login procedure and again, I do not know what to put there, as it does =
not
accept what I enter there ...

> Server [localhost]: What to put here?
> Database [postgres]: What to put here?
> Port [5432]: What to put here?
> Username [postgres]: What to put here?
> Password: What to put here?

> The message returned is for example this:=A0
> psql: could not translate host name "Tomas" to address: Unknown server
error
> Press any key to continue ...

Have your psql.exe -d postgres?
If your server is started with default configuration it should work.

> 3.) There are also some .conf files, like postgresql.conf, =
pg_hba.conf,
pgpass.conf. What shall I put there?
> I played with that, but it does not work, I want to have it simple.

You don't need to change there unless you want something specific.=20
After initdb, the server should start with
Pg_ctl.exe start -D data_dir

Where data_dir is the path where you have created your database.

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: Connection with server dropping out
От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: Questions: How to configure PostgreSQL at the beginning ....