Beginner's Question: No pg_hba.conf entry for host...SSL Off

От Jeanna Geier
Тема Beginner's Question: No pg_hba.conf entry for host...SSL Off
Дата
Re: Beginner's Question: No pg_hba.conf entry for host...SSL Off
Список pgsql-admin
Hi All-

I am hoping for some help on this one...  we are in the process of
implementing our program with SSL enabled on the Postgres side of things.  I
can start and connect to the database from the command line ok using my
current configuration:

  C:\msys\1.0\local\pgsql\bin>psql -d apt -U postgres

       \h for help with SQL commands
       \? for help with psql commands
       \q to quit

  SSL connection (cipher: DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA, bits: 256)

  Warning: Console code page (437) differs from Windows code page (1252)
         8-bit characters may not work correctly. See psql reference
         page "Notes for Windows users" for details.

  apt=#

However, when I try to run our application to and connect to the database, I
am receiving the following error: Connection rejected: FATAL: no pg_hba.conf
entry for host "127.0.0.1", user "postgres", database "apt", SSL off.

Here is my pg_hba.conf file:

  # TYPE DATABASE USER CIDR-ADDRESS METHOD
  # IPv4 local connections:
  #host all all 127.0.0.1/32 trust
  # IPv6 local connections:
  hostssl all all 127.0.0.1/32 trust

I'm assuming that I have to put some code in my program to enable this
connection besides just putting it in the conf file...but where exactly
would this go?  Below is an excerpt of our connection code:

public class DatabaseConnection {
    private static String DB_IP;

    private static final String DB_PORT = "5432";
    private static String DB_CATALOG = "apt";
    private static final String DB_USER = "postgres";
    private static final String DB_PASSWORD = "XXXX";

    public static void initIPAddress(String address){
        DB_IP = address;
    }

    public static void initCatalog(String catalog){
        DB_CATALOG = catalog;
    }

    public static Connection initialize() throws SQLException
    {
        final Connection connection;
        Properties prop = new Properties();
        String url;

        try{
            Class.forName("org.postgresql.Driver");

            //url = "jdbc:postgresql://64.34.162.40:5432/apt";
            url = "jdbc:postgresql://" + DB_IP + ":" + DB_PORT + "/" +
DB_CATALOG;

            //prop.setProperty("user","postgres");
            //prop.setProperty("password", "XXXX");
            prop.setProperty("user", DB_USER);
            prop.setProperty("password", DB_PASSWORD);

            connection = DriverManager.getConnection(url, prop);
            connection.setTransactionIsolation(Connection.TRANSACTION_READ_COMMITTED);

            if(connection == null){
                throw new Exception();
            }

            Thread maintainConn = new Thread(new Runnable(){
                public void run(){
                    while(connection != null){
                        try{
                        maintainConnection(connection);
                        //10 minutes
                        Thread.sleep(600000);
                        }
                        catch(InterruptedException ie){}
                   }
                }
            });
            maintainConn.setDaemon(true);
            maintainConn.start();
        }
        catch(ClassNotFoundException cnf){
            throw new SQLException(cnf.getMessage());
        }
        catch(Exception e){
            throw new SQLException(e.getMessage());
        }

        return connection;
    }

Thanks in advance for your time and help.  As always, this mailing list is
the best!!
-Jeanna