Re: simple_heap_update: tuple concurrently updated -- during INSERT

От SZŰCS Gábor
Тема Re: simple_heap_update: tuple concurrently updated -- during INSERT
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Dear Tom,

I'll try my best. Also, I'll try to describe the situation more precisely,
in case it may give you another idea.

INSERT INTO p_items;
-> p_items before: INSERT, UPDATE and/or DELETE other tuples in p_items
-> p_items after: UPDATE p SET touch_time, toucher;
----> p after: INSERT INTO p_ny
-------> p_ny after: NOTIFY p

May it be that more "NOTIFY p"'s come from the same transaction (since I
change more than one tuples in p_items)? Based on the error text, I assume
this error comes only when two different transactions clash.

I think it's very unlikely anyway since it happens ~100-1000 times a day and
so far (~2 years of 7.3.3) this is the only occurence of this error.

A final question: as far as you can remember, may this be an issue already
fixed in later versions?

Thanks again, HTH, and I'll report back if I encounter the error again.
G.
\end