Re: Sensitive sort problem?

От Donald Fraser
Тема Re: Sensitive sort problem?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
PostgreSQL 7.3.x and anything below has never had case insensitive sorting - period.
I can't speak for the new 7.4 version?

If you want to add a case insensitive data type try this:

Regards
Donald Fraser.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, November 25, 2003 3:04 PM
Subject: [ADMIN] Sensitive sort problem?

Hi to everyone,

I don't know exactly if i'm sending my problem in the right place, hope you can help me.

I use postgresql db. 7.3.2.

Today I noticed that my database does not sort "case sensitive" anymore. If I have a query like:
Select name from names order by name  -- the names are not resulted as they should. 'ax' is after 'Aa' and so one.

I don't know since when is this problem I noticed it just now. I use Suse 8.2 and yesterday evening I made a live update. Could this be the problem? I restored the system and ... the problem remains.

I also have another linux system, there the db works fine.

Does anyone has any ideea???? Are there any settings for something like this?

Thnkx.
Andy.