Re: [HACKERS] What about LIMIT in SELECT ?

От Jeff Hoffmann
Тема Re: [HACKERS] What about LIMIT in SELECT ?
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] What about LIMIT in SELECT ?
Список pgsql-hackers
>Hi, my 2 cents...
>
>I agree completely, LIMIT would be VERY usefull in web based apps, which
>is all I run.  It does not matter to me if it is not part of a formal
>standard.  The idea is so common that it is a defacto standard.

i'm not familiar with mysql and using "LIMIT" but wouldn't this same effect
be achieved by declaring a cursor and fetching however many records in the
cursor?  it's a very noticeable improvement when you only want the first 20
out of 500 in a 200k record database, at least.

jeff