Odd problem with read_pg_options ...

От Marc G. Fournier
Тема Odd problem with read_pg_options ...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I reported earlier a SegFault when doing an initdb, and have narrowed it
down somewhat...still probing, but figured I'd see if I'm overlooking
something obvious...

From the command line, I'm running:

echo "vacuum" | postgres -o /dev/null -F -Q -D/home/centre/marc/pgsql/data

This is the stage that the first SegFault happens in initdb.

I added some debugging, and it turns out that the 'DataDir' variable isn't
being initialized at this point:

void
read_pg_options(SIGNAL_ARGS)
{
  int     fd;
  int     n;
  int     verbose;
  char    buffer[BUF_SIZE];
  char    c;
  char     *s,
         *p;

  printf("before sprintf()\n");
  printf("%s\n", DataDir);
  sprintf(buffer, "%s/%s", DataDir, "pg_options");
  printf("after sprintf()\n");
  if ((fd = open(buffer, O_RDONLY)) < 0)
    return;

=====================

Still looking, but uncovered a slight bug:

diff -cr postgres.c.orig postgres.c
*** postgres.c.orig     Tue Oct 13 16:47:00 1998
--- postgres.c  Tue Oct 13 16:47:33 1998
***************
*** 1052,1057 ****
--- 1052,1058 ----

                        case 'D':                       /* PGDATA directory */
                                DataDir = optarg;
+                               break;

                        case 'd':                       /* debug level */
                                flagQ = false;

Further into it...if I do a setenv PGDATA, it gets around the 'bug'...back
later...

Marc G. Fournier                               scrappy@hub.org
Systems Administrator @ hub.org
scrappy@{postgresql|isc}.org                       ICQ#7615664