Re: one other big mysql->postgresql item

От George Johnson
Тема Re: one other big mysql->postgresql item
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello All,

In my two emails, I'm not trying to justify the horrific SQL coding habits
of MySQL users, but presenting some of myriad user questions that might
possibly pound the lists if you have an influx of new MySQL-converting
users.

Does that make sense?  <grin>
I think one thing one'd have to do is separate oneself from the
philosophical/theoretical "bad SQL/good SQL" and think punch-clock.  Sorta
like Java is built to be a punch-clock language -- production grade, no new
'stuff'.  PRACTICALLY speaking, of course :)

George Johnson