Re: Postgres Backup Utility

От Bradley Holbrook
Тема Re: Postgres Backup Utility
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Well, I can’t just go dropping and recreating tables… it needs to create the correct alter statements if existing tables and or functions already exist.

Secondly, when I’m finished changing the structure, I need to be able to select the list of tables that will have content updates.

Using a script might be more work maintaining then it’s worth. I have a backup utility that can do the job, but 3 tedious steps per schema, that only work about 10% of the time (and no batching options so that I can create a list of actions and run the list).

From: French, Martin [mailto:frenchm@cromwell.co.uk]
Sent: January-18-11 5:47 AM
To: Bradley Holbrook; pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: RE: [ADMIN] Postgres Backup Utility

I’m assuming that this needs to be tightly controlled and as such a replication tool is out of the question?

In that case; The first thing to pop into my head here would be to use either use shell scripting, or to use the pg API and write a c program to handle it.

I remember doing something very similar with Oracle a few years back.

Cheers

Martin