Re: pgstats_initstats() cost

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: pgstats_initstats() cost
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
----- Original Message -----
From: "Gavin Sherry" <swm@linuxworld.com.au>
> I am still researching ways of increasing performance of yacc parsers --
> there is a very small amount of information on the Web concerning this --

I know some people who will tell you that the best way of improving
performance in this area is not to use yacc (or bison) parsers ...

OTOH we need to understand exactly what you were profiling - if it is 1
dynamic sql statement per insert then it might not be too close to the real
world - a high volume program is likely to require 1 parse per many many
executions, isn't it?

cheers

andrew