Re: Idle processes chewing up CPU?

От Brendan Hill
Тема Re: Idle processes chewing up CPU?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Craig, the instructions are great. I've gone through them and confirmed
I'm getting the full details in the stack traces. When it happens again,
I'll post the most useful stack traces and we'll be able to look at it
properly. Thanks again for your help so far, the responsiveness is terrific.

-Brendan

-----Original Message-----
From: Craig Ringer [mailto:craig@postnewspapers.com.au]
Sent: Wednesday, 5 August 2009 5:44 PM
To: Brendan Hill
Cc: 'Tom Lane'; pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: RE: [GENERAL] Idle processes chewing up CPU?

On Wed, 2009-08-05 at 16:44 +1000, Brendan Hill wrote:
> Hi Craig,
>
> Sorry, I had the stack trace so I thought it was enough. I'll make sure
the
> debug environment is set up and post the full stack traces again.

No worries. Sorry it cost you time.

I've extended the wiki article on win32 debug info to (hopefully)
explain how to identify a useful stack trace, or at least a likely bogus
one. If you feel like a look I'd value your opinion especially when it
comes to clarity/readability.

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Getting_a_stack_trace_of_a_running_PostgreSQ
L_backend_on_Windows

--