Unsupported frontend protocol? & config systems files?

От Romain Giry
Тема Unsupported frontend protocol? & config systems files?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
When I try to use postgres 6.5 from a client that is not logged on the localhost. I get this :
Connection to database 'mydb' failed
Unsupported frontend protocol.

I've seen the same problem in a previous mail but the error may not come from the postmaster, that is not enough recent because I've installed the postmaster and the pgsql server from the same CD (red-hat 6.0).
Maybe it comes from the files that allow access to people for logging on from a distant computer, please can somebody tells me which are these files and what should be modified on them.
And if you have any other idea to solve my problem, thank you very much for answering me.

Sorry for my english, I am a french student...