Re: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (The connection attempt failed.)

От Radosław Smogura
Тема Re: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (The connection attempt failed.)
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
 So it's harder topic,
 - try to replace localhost with 127.0.0.1
 I don't know why You don't have (didn't send) PostgreSQL exception, try
 to connect to server with simple servlet, using old fashioned JNDI,
 check hibernate configuration.

 It's hard to see if You have passed wrong JNDI name, you have no driver
 in classpath, or it's PostgreSQL exception. Send full backtrace of
 error.

 Regards

 On Wed, 10 Aug 2011 17:19:13 +0100, Alex Nordlund wrote:
> Hi Radoslaw,
>
> Thank you for your reply.
>
> I can confirm that with psql --host=127.0.0.1 it works, however it
> still does not work with jdbc.

> ---
> //Alex
>

> On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 5:13 PM, Radosław Smogura
> <rsmogura@softperience.eu> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Check your "access file" pga_hba.conf if it allows TCP/IP
>> connections. By
>> default psql connects on Unix socket
>> try to connect using
>> psql --host=127.0.0.0.1 --port=5432 -U crowd crowdiddb
>>
>> I this fail You probably didn't exposed TCP/IP access (or You have
>> localhost
>> firewall?).
>>
>> Regards,
>> Radosław Smogura
>>
>> On Wed, 10 Aug 2011 13:53:59 +0100, Alex Nordlund wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I get the following errors:
>>>
>>> INFO: Deploying configuration descriptor openidserver.xml
>>> 2011-08-10 13:14:30,600 main WARN
>>> [org.hibernate.util.JDBCExceptionReporter] SQL Error: 0, SQLState:
>>> null
>>> 2011-08-10 13:14:30,615 main ERROR
>>> [org.hibernate.util.JDBCExceptionReporter] Cannot create
>>> PoolableConnectionFactory (The connection attempt failed.)
>>> 2011-08-10 13:14:30,618 main WARN
>>> [org.hibernate.cfg.SettingsFactory]
>>> Could not obtain connection metadata
>>> org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create
>>> PoolableConnectionFactory (The connection attempt failed.
>>>
>>> And my Resource looks like this:
>>>
>>>    <Resource name="jdbc/CrowdIDDS" auth="Container"
>>> type="javax.sql.DataSource"
>>>              username="crowd"
>>>              password="hiddenfortheml"
>>>              driverClassName="org.postgresql.Driver"
>>>              url="jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/crowdiddb"
>>>            />
>>>

>>> Am I doing something wrong?
>>>
>>> My username is crowd, it's set to only use MD5 auth, the DB is
>>> crowdiddb and I can access it using psql.
>>>
>>> ---
>>> //Alex

Сообщение: Re: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (The connection attempt failed.)
Сообщение: Re: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (The connection attempt failed.)